INC Young Researchers Prize in Materials Science 2013
Awarded to: Carlos Antón for his work “Energy Relaxation of exciton-polariton”, made in collaboration with the member of the INC Luis Viña.
L. Martínez Maestro receives a special mention for the outstanding quality of the work she submitted to the prize.
To promote excellent work of the young scientists of the Nicolás Cabrera Institute (INC), by recognizing the main young author of one publication of the INC.
- Candidates should be Early Stage Researchers (up to 5 years after Master degree, or full time equivalent).
- The publication has to include at least one permanent member of the INC.
- Date of the publication has to be between 01 November 2012 and 01 November 2013.
- The publication will be presented in a talk or a poster in the Young researchers meeting 2013 of the INC.
- Published work of the candidate should include “Instituto Nicolás Cabrera” in the address or affiliation.
- Two different candidates cannot present the same publication.
Candidates should submit, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 1 November 2013:
- An application form available on the web of the INC (download here).
- One pdf file with the publication to be considered.
- One pdf file with the abstracts of all publications of the candidate, from 1 November 2012.
- One grant, covering travel, accomodation and registration, to participate in an international conference of choice of the candidate, during 2014. The Director of the INC will write a letter to the organizers to recommend the candidate for an inviter or plenary talk.
- 500 €.
- A certificate.
The board of the INC will choose three senior scientists, experts in Materials Science.
Scientific excellence of the work, future potential of the candidate and opportunities for collaboration with industry or to generate new spin-offs.