Opportunity for PhDs of Spanish Universities, Weizmann Institute “la Caixa” Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
Weizmann Institute “la Caixa” Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
An annual sum of €30,000 a year for a period of two years, paid through the WIS.
Fellowship start: between 1st November 2018 until 15th January 2019.
• Candidates must have pursued their PhD in a Spanish university or research center in the disciplines of Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
• Researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply
• Proven academic excellence and outstanding PhD thesis, with the following conditions and restrictions:
i. Candidates must have submitted their PhD thesis before commencing a postdoctoral position at the Weizmann;
ii. Proven scientific productivity.
iii. Evidence of potential in the research path of the fellow.
iv. Candidates must commence postdoctoral training within 5 years of the approval of their PhD, at the most.
Commitment of the P.I.
The research group will be responsible to supplement the above-mentioned fellowship with the balance necessary to reach 110% of the regular WIS fellowship, if necessary according to the exchange rate. The research group will also cover the standard postdoc travel allocation, and any other payments required for regular WIS postdocs that are not covered by the La Caixa fellowship.
September 15, 2018
1. Updated CV and list of publications.
2. Certificate of PhD approval or thesis submission.
3. Title page of the PhD thesis
4. research plan (up to 2 pages).
5. Two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from the PhD advisor).
6. Letter of commitment by the potential WIS host.
– The best candidates may be invited to a face-to-face interview arranged by the Weizmann Institute of Science.
– Results will be announced by 31st October, 2018
To apply follow this link or
Apply to a postdoctoral status at the WIS through the FGS online application service
Send an e-mail of request for a username and password to email@example.com
Apply for the Weizmann Institute “la Caixa” Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships through the FGS online CALLs system